UNIQUE THINGS YOU'LL FIND AT TOKYO DISNEY
Tokyo will probably go down as THE BEST vacation of my lifetime. At least it holds that title so far ;) Our adventure began by spending the first two days exploring Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. While Disneyland did have some fun differences from Anaheim, DisneySea is absolutely one-of-a-kind. If you had to choose just one of the parks, it should definitely be this one!
Here is a list of my favorite and most interesting things we saw and did in the Tokyo Disney parks (in no particular order):
1. Step aside Mickey, Duffy the Disney Bear and Friends are amongst the most beloved characters!
2. The classic attraction Tom Sawyers Island is still alive and thriving!
3. MUST RIDE: Journey to The Center of the Earth, based on the 1864 science fiction novel by Jules Verne can be found on "Mysterious Island" at DisneySea.
4. Every little princess’s dream (myself included) The ability to wander INSIDE Cinderella's Castle.
5. An extended appreciation for the Holidays. It was late June and Easter was still in full effect!
6. The ornately beautiful and highly detailed Mermaid Lagoon had me singing "Unda da sea" for days.
7. A Whole New World: The Arabian Coast. Located right next to Mermaid Lagoon in DisneySea.
8. Take a peek inside Minnie's House at Disneyland. So cute!
9. Venturing through various water themed lands: American Waterfront, Mediterranean Harbor and Port Discovery.
10. Popcorn Obsession. Guests line-up far and wide, equipped with their souvenir popcorn containers for crazy flavors like soy sauce, peanut butter and my personal favorite, curry!
11. Other Delicious Treat Options: Boba, ice pops, pizza egg rolls and teriyaki duck legs to name just a few...
12. Simply experiencing familiar, favorite rides with a Japanese twist!